Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] damduck-egg@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default Cordless recip. saw recommendations

On Fri, 10 Mar 2017 13:23:52 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

Hello all.

I have a fair bit of annual tree pruning to do. Also, i have a one-off job of cutting up a load of old decking to a size that will fit the car or the burn bin. It occurred to me that a cordless reciprocating saw might be a good tool.

I'm willing to spend up to around 100 quid, but don't? want to go OTT for the use I'll get out of it. What do people think of the Ryobi One 18v at 60-odd quid? Alternatives?

Bow saw with a decent blade, no worries about fuel or battery to be
charged both before use and partway through a job.

People have got so used to power tools that many don't appreciate how
quick a decent person powered sharp blade can get through things and
none of the irritating noise and vibration that accompanies a
struggling underpowered power tool.

G.Harman