Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Cordless recip. saw recommendations

wrote:

I have a fair bit of annual tree pruning to do. Also, i have a
one-off job of cutting up a load of old decking to a size that will
fit the car or the burn bin. It occurred to me that a cordless
reciprocating saw might be a good tool.

I'm willing to spend up to around 100 quid

I bought a Makita BJR181 about 3 years ago for £94 (body only, as I
already had several 18V LXT batteries)

Mainly used it for hacking out window frames, and chopping them up to
fit in car for the journey to the tip, but have used it for a few
pruning and root removal jobs, went through 5" green wood branch without
any problem, plenty of grunt to shake the tree and 20+ stone of me back
and forth, but on jobs like that it chews a full battery in a few minutes.