Posted to uk.d-i-y
Graham.[_11_] Graham.[_11_] is offline

Default Sort out my friend's lousy shower

On Fri, 10 Mar 2017 16:58:23 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article ,
Graham. wrote:
He said the hot water is pressurised so I assume it's from a
combination boiler.
It's the cold that's still via a header tank, so isn't the solution to
connect the shower cold feed to the rising main, along with everything
else, and decommission the tank and cash in the old redundant cylinder
that's presumably still there?

If you have sufficient flow and pressure, possibly. But when turning on
another tap anywhere in the house effects the shower, not so sure.

That's true, it's not perfect, but it's how the majority of
thermostatic showers in the UK are plumbed, and it must be miles
better than HP hot + LP cold.
--

Graham.
%Profound_observation%