Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] terry.shitcrumbs@gmail.com is offline

Default Cordless recip. saw recommendations

Hello all.

I have a fair bit of annual tree pruning to do. Also, i have a one-off job of cutting up a load of old decking to a size that will fit the car or the burn bin. It occurred to me that a cordless reciprocating saw might be a good tool.

I'm willing to spend up to around 100 quid, but don't€‹ want to go OTT for the use I'll get out of it. What do people think of the Ryobi One 18v at 60-odd quid? Alternatives?

I have a petrol chainsaw and it pains me not to get more use out of it, but it's overkill for most jobs and the faff of mixing the fuel (and disposing of old fuel after long periods of inactivity) is a major down side. I also don't fancy catching a nail or screw in the decking with it!

Cheers.

Terry.