Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Cleaning solution

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Thu, 09 Mar 2017 08:53:53 -0800, Mikie
wrote:

On Wed, 8 Mar 2017 11:38:13 -0800 (PST), rangerssuck
wrote:

I just pulled a piece of aluminum out of my scrap stock bucket that
was particularly filthy. Dried up oil & dirt.

Sitting on my desk is a bottle of stuff that I mixed up to unclog
an inkjet printer. I figured what the hell, it's better than
nothing, and gave it a try. It worked great, and I'm thinking this
could be my new go-to every day cleaner. It's super cheap to make:

1 part household ammonia
1 part 91% isopropyl alcohol
3 parts distilled water

Just thought I'd share.

Is that for your neti pot?

A another main problem is how to get this to the actual print head.
Some can be removed and others can not.

As a last attempt I have used 100psi air - the bad outcome was
predictable. It is hell to use an ink jet for color printing!

Ruined cartridge, colorful room decorations, and new tats?

I lucked out. The Samsung CLP-600N looked good for $400, but they
were getting rid of the model at Office Depot and had a $200
discount.
I got the color laser printer for $200. Instead of opting for new
toner cartridges 4 years later ($169x4) or rebuilt cartridges
($129x4)
I got a set of 4 micro-toner colors for $62 with new chipped boards
off eBay. A case of paper was $26 @ Staples.

Total cost ~8 years later: $288, with over half a case of paper
left.
I would have exceeded that cost in under 2 years with inkjet tech.

I got my HP6110 color copier/fax/printer free-for-the-fixing from one
of my sister's clients. HP's repair procedure was to trash it and buy
a newer one but someone on-line had a method that worked well enough,
wash the condensed crud off the front surface mirror with residue-free
MAF Sensor cleaner, and then leave it turned off unless you need a
print. The consumables cost is reasonable as long as I remember to
select greyscale and medium quality.
-jsw