Posted to alt.home.repair
James Wilkinson Sword[_4_] James Wilkinson Sword[_4_] is offline

Default Politically incorrect :-)

On Fri, 10 Mar 2017 01:05:02 -0000, Muggles wrote:

On Thu, 09 Mar 2017 23:42:07 -0000, Muggles
wrote:

Ours isn't finished being built yet. Right now it's got all the framing
done and most of the outer siding and insulation on it, and the roof has
plywood and insulation, too. But the side where the windows go isn't
finished, so the entire greenhouse is wrapped with plastic once, and
then has a second plastic cover over the first one. The entrance has a
double air gapped plastic entryway, so it stays pretty cozy in there
even in cold temps.

That sounds more substantial than what most people call a greenhouse
here. Ours are all glass, all single glazing, no insulation at all:
https://www.greenhousepeople.co.uk/c...s/greenhouses/

We had an uninsulated GH before and it just costs too much money to keep
them to temp in the winter time. We have the windows in storage and
will finish it maybe later this Spring or early Summer, hopefully.

AFAIK most people here in Scotland with greenhouses only use them in summer. They allow them to grow things which would not grow outdoors as they need more heat.

If I wanted to grow veggies all year round, I'd use a conservatory. Double glazing, part of the house, heated.

--
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the works of Shakespeare.
Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.