Posted to alt.home.repair
James Wilkinson Sword[_4_] James Wilkinson Sword[_4_] is offline

Default Politically incorrect :-)

On Thu, 09 Mar 2017 23:42:07 -0000, Muggles wrote:

On Thu, 09 Mar 2017 21:45:34 -0000, Muggles

On Thu, 09 Mar 2017 21:04:54 -0000, RonNNN wrote:

In article , says....

On Thu, 09 Mar 2017 19:59:37 -0000, Muggles
wrote:

On 3/9/2017 12:44 PM, Neill Massello wrote:
Bod wrote:

I've bought two Pakistani flags on Ebay and raised them in the
front
garden, one at each corner, plus a black flag of ISIS in the
centre.
Now the local police, CID, MI5, SAS and other counter terrorism
agencies are all watching the house 24/7.
We've never felt safer and we're saving £24.95 a month.

On the other hand, you might get droned.

We had a black unmarked helicopter buzz our backyard several times
because we have a greenhouse. My husband was taking care of his
fish
tanks that he was experimenting with in creating an aquaponics
system.
He came out of the greenhouse with buckets of fish filters and
looked up
to see that helicopter hovering above him. He was like "WHAT???"

Sorry? They were interested in your greenhouse?!? Aren't those a
common thing to have? I'd say 1 in 5 houses here has one.

Shoot it down!

Growing pot in Oklahoma is still illegal.

Pot is only one of a billion things you can grow in a greenhouse. My
neighbour for example grows tomatoes. If he grew pot I very much doubt
he'd have it visible from outside! Your police are stupid as ****!

We had some heaters in the large fish tanks and some propane heaters
we'd turn on when the weather was cold to keep the plants from freezing
if the warm water didn't keep it warm enough. I don't know if they were
using heat sensitive imaging or not, but pot growers use a lot of lights
(not sure about heaters), which produce a stronger than normal heat
signature.

Not if they use reflective walls (tin foil) to keep the light and heat in.

I don't think it matters about reflective walls when a heat sensor is
measuring a heat signature of any building.

How can it measure the heat if it cannot escape?

Anyway, do you police not end up looking at every house with poor loft
insulation?

I dunno ... it's a big waste of money looking at greenhouse with black
'copters I'm thinking.

Yip, those things don't come cheap.

I'm guessing the fish tank heaters showed some sort of heat signature,
but not near enough to be suspicious. It was just weird. I didn't see
that one particular incident with the unmarked black 'copter, but I've
seen one like it fly over on different occasions.

If they did that to me I'd make an official complaint.

What would we report? It was a black unmarked helicopter with cameras
on the underside of it. There weren't any identifying number or call
signs on it.

Dunno what you call them over there, but I'd contact my MP. Unmarked helicopters floating over your land, sounds like an invasion of privacy to me.

Right now I only have some overwintering citrus plants in the greenhouse
and some tomato starts for the spring... no heaters going at all.

A greenhouse seems a little difficult to me. My neighbour has terrible
trouble with it, its either too hot or too cold. Isn't it easier to
grow the plants in your house? Even a conservatory with double glazing
perhaps. But greenhouses here are single glazed. They get piping hot
in summer and freezing cold in winter, not much use for plants.

Ours isn't finished being built yet. Right now it's got all the framing
done and most of the outer siding and insulation on it, and the roof has
plywood and insulation, too. But the side where the windows go isn't
finished, so the entire greenhouse is wrapped with plastic once, and
then has a second plastic cover over the first one. The entrance has a
double air gapped plastic entryway, so it stays pretty cozy in there
even in cold temps.

That sounds more substantial than what most people call a greenhouse here. Ours are all glass, all single glazing, no insulation at all:
https://www.greenhousepeople.co.uk/c...s/greenhouses/

--
Das Computer Maschine Ist Nich Fur Gefingerenpoken Und Mittengrabben!
Ist Easy Schnappen Der Springenwerken Mit Spitzensparken Und Poppenkorken!