Posted to uk.d-i-y
Max Demian Max Demian is offline

Default Tow Bar Electrics 7 or 13 pin plug

On 09/03/2017 22:02, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote on 09/03/2017 :
I suspect the need for rear guard fog lamps became apparent (or guessed
at) after those crashes on the then rather new motorways in fog. Which
was
also one of the reasons for the 70 mph blanket limit. Although never
quite
saw the logic of that, as 70 mph is far too fast for restricted
visibility
anyway.

The 70 limit came in as a result of the fuel shortages and increasing
car speeds generally. I seem to remember it was originally to be only a
temporary measure.

The 70 limit was purely for safety; the 50 limit was for fuel economy in
the 70s:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Road_sp...United_Kingdom

--
Max Demian