Posted to alt.home.repair
Kurt V. Ullman Kurt V. Ullman is offline

Default sawdust

On 3/9/17 12:42 AM, wrote:
On Wed, 8 Mar 2017 16:08:50 -0500, "Kurt V. Ullman"
wrote:

Had a couple REALLY big stumps ground and we have a lot of sawdust. I
was thinking about spreading it on the garden as a mulch or similar.
Would that work? Other suggestions?

I am fixing to do the same thing and my thought was to just spread it
around to put some organic material back into the sand

The consensus has been that is not a good idea. Wood tends to USE
nitrogen when breaking down and effectively steals it from plants in the
area. One place suggested adding nitrogen and then using it as mulch but
that seemed to be a bit more work than I wanted to undertake.