Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] damduck-egg@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default What's likely to be wrong with this car?

On Thu, 9 Mar 2017 11:01:09 +0000,
(D.M. Procida) wrote:

The battery reads about 12.3v while connected and the same disconnected.
At idle, it reads just about 14.3v.

I couldn't read anything between the battery earth and the chassis.

So it sounds to me that the battery is fine.

What do you suggest for the next step in the investigation?

Daniele

I haven't seen you mention a make/model/year of but it might be worth
perusing the WWW for any owners forums for your car and see if any
others have a battery drain problem or parasitic draw as some call it.
I gave an Astra to my parents which had been my company car,unlike me
they only drove it once a week and the battery was drained by some
draw in the alarm/ immobiliser that was greater than normal.
The local village garage did not have the knowledge/resources to get
to the bottom of it. Dad just lived with it and left the car unlocked
as it was kept in a shed on a farm miles from anywhere.

G.Harman