Posted to uk.d-i-y
Another John Another John is offline

Default OT - No Car Choice

In article ,
Tim Watts wrote:

On 05/03/17 22:36, Tim Streater wrote:

Doesn't exist any more - the working class I mean.

Of course they do. How else would you classify a bloke who works in say
a distribution depot on minimum wage (or less if it's some joker of a
company that does "security checks" on your time, not theirs) and
struggles to make ends meet?

[ Flippin eck: I agree with TNP again!! ]

The working class of old were all you say, Tim, but they were prepared
to do something about it (like: think. Like: VOTE).

The modern "working class" are far more interested in being consumers of
whatever overpriced ****e that the corporate billionaires push down
their throats, having told them, via the media, wholly owned by their
chums, that this is something they want/need.

A minority of the old Working Class still exist: they run the big
Unions, and they are as much stuck in the 70s as that long-haired hippy
who lives in my neighbourhood. .... except he doesn't do anyone any harm.

John