Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default How to disassemble Shure SM58 with wireless UT2 transmitter.

On Wednesday, March 8, 2017 at 12:45:25 AM UTC-5, David Farber wrote:
Jeff Liebermann wrote:
On Wed, 1 Mar 2017 19:26:59 -0800, "David Farber"
wrote:
(...)

"How to take apart a UHF U2 Shure wireless Microphone"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFcDXRhNEhQ (1:28)

Hi Jeff,

That microphone is not at all physically similar to the one that I am
servicing. I told the user it wasn't worth fixing. You can buy a new one,
though not a Shure model, for under
$100.

Thanks for your reply.
--
David Farber
Los Osos, CA

623 is UHF TV channel 39 in the USA.

If you have an analog UHF TV set for off the air mode (not cable) and tune it to Channel 39, you should see some change in the snow when you turn the mic on and off. I doubt it will demod the audio but you should see some effect of the mic onto the snow. That will tell you if it is putting out RF or not.