Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair
Winfield Hill[_2_] Winfield Hill[_2_] is offline

Default A useful addition to your toolkit

Cursitor Doom wrote...

On Wed, 08 Mar 2017 05:44:39 -0800, Winfield Hill wrote:

I ordered one from Newark, and plan to use it on my messed-up switching
power-supply designs.
Qualitative results will be fine.

Mine arrived today. I plan to monitor fuel injection
impulses with it firstly just to see what kind of
di/dt responses it's capable of. I'm not quite as
confident as you are, though!

I do a lot of fast HV pulsing circuitry, and don't
expect it'll be helpful for that kind of work. But
the 5MHz bandwidth should be fine for looking at
inductor current ramps, cap charge-discharge, etc.

--
Thanks,
- Win