Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Work Clothes

"Perfect Day" wrote in message
On Mon, 6 Mar 2017 10:36:12 -0700, "Bob La Londe"
wrote:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
. ..
On Sat, 4 Mar 2017 07:09:29 -0600, "Terry Coombs"
wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:
I saw this on Gizmag this morning and thought it fit. Some of us are
hard on clothing in the shop or work. Others are them that gol durn
biker dudes. (Hi, Snag) Anyway, Got Dyneema?

http://newatlas.com/saint-motorcycle...-review/46201/

Thanks for the tip Larry , but I don't spend 600 bucks on clothes in
10
years ... and anyway I have a pretty nice ser of leathers .

At such a cheap price, I'm surprised you're not rushing out to buy a
set for every day of the week, or at least one pair for Sunday.

I'm afraid I'm going to have to pass, too. Surely, though, we'll see
them on every dentist on his Harley every weekend.

LOL. Reminds me of a ride I took up to Phx once for Az Bike week. Some
event or another was happening first thing in the AM at a shop up that
way.
One of the counter guys was making fun of me and laughing because I showed
in my full leathers. Finally I turned to him and said, "I rode 180 miles
in
the cold before breakfast to be here asshole. Most of these folks rode
less
than ten miles across town."

BTW, for cold and wet, I wear a 35 year old waterproof Belstaff suit.
The synthetic type, not waxed cotton. With various layers and a heated
vest underneath. Behind a full fairing and an electric windshield.

I've always favored my Frogg Toggs and an HJC flip up full face helmet for
rain runs. I noticed the other day my Frogg Toggs are getting a little wore
out and need to be replaced. Nice thing about the Frogg Toggs is they do a
nice job for inclement weather tournament fishing too. Pull them on over my
Ridgeline jacket and I am good to fish in driving sleet, and have.