Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dennis@home Dennis@home is offline

Default Nuclear energy production costs

On 07/03/2017 07:10, Brian Gaff wrote:
Are I love the word Sludge, so descriptive.
The whole issue of radiation is a thorny one. If we had a means of removing
the material which is in effect unstable and decaying from the rest of the
material then we might be getting somewhere.
Maybe much like food packaging we need to aim for a fuel pure enough not to
leave any waste or at least to leave something we can use behind.
Brian

Its already done..

but why do it the very expensive way when the material is extremely
radioactive when you can leave it in a pond for a decade or three and
then do it when its much easier and cheaper?