Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Storkamp Mark Storkamp is offline

Default Cold house

In article ,
Oren wrote:

On Tue, 7 Mar 2017 12:33:07 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 3/7/2017 12:18 PM, Bob wrote:
Why does the temperature in my house drop to 68 degrees when the "Heat"
setpoint on my programmable thermostat is set to 80 degrees?

Didn't we do this a month ago?

I seem to recall that it was.

Defective thermostat
weak battery
defective limit switch
not programmed properly
doaen oter potential issues

Pull the T-stat mount and check for a larger than necessary hole for
the wire in the drywall. Drywall guys knock a hole with a hammer.
Temps in the wall cavity can make the T-stat act strange. Seal the
hole around the wire with drywall mud or caulk. Mount the T-stat and
try a factory reset default setting.

Faulty T-stat wire? Faulty transformer?

He already said the thermostat was reporting an ambient temperature of
68, so that wont be the problem. If he doesn't know how to pull the
thermostat off the wall and short the correct pair of wires to see if
the furnace fires, then he needs to call for service. He's in over his
head.