Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default How to clean orfice on small propane torch?????

In article ,
says...

They used to sell them for replacements, but we now need to be protected
from ourselves, thanks to the assholes who *dont* work for a living.
(Referring to Insurance companies, where the money rolls in and no one
really does any work).

As far as cleaning them, I never understood what clogs them in the first
place. Propane should be clean. But since it happens, I am thinking in
terms of some sort of solvent.... I'm just stuck my clogged one is some
91% rubbing alcohol. If that dont do it, laquer thinner is next.....

Blowing thru it in reverse, with compressed air is a thought too! But
them things are so small, I'd likely have the whole thing blow away and
lose it.....

Sometimes the twist tie thing that bread and other items in the plastic
bags can be used. Strip off the paper and you have a thin wire.

It is probably a small piece of rust from the can or when it was filled
with the gas.