Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RangersSuck RangersSuck is offline

Default Work Clothes

On Monday, March 6, 2017 at 2:12:07 PM UTC-5, Gunner Asch wrote:

Took me a month or so to rebuild the engine. Damnit. All that oil
originally that was in it for the 20 yrs or so while it was parked,
turned to scum and plugged off my mains and rod bearings. Changed the
oil twice too. But it had plugged off the ports and journals. I should
have run it for a while with a case full of diesel, after dumping the
original oil. Sigh. Learned something.

THAT's what you call a "REBUILD?" Taking an engine apart and putting it back together without even checking the oil passages doesn't qualify as any sort of rebuild.

The incredible part is that Gummer is too stupid to even be embarrassed by this, after all the years of touting his mechanical prowess. Pffft.