Posted to uk.d-i-y
harry harry is offline

Default OT - No Car Choice

On Tuesday, 7 March 2017 07:02:09 UTC, fred wrote:
On Monday, March 6, 2017 at 1:31:33 PM UTC, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 06/03/17 12:19, Tim Watts wrote:
On 06/03/17 11:54, fred wrote:
If someones else was buying the fuel I would prefer petrol but having
said that driving diesel is no hardship.

I much prefer diesel - I like the low down torque.

With an auto box who's noticing?

I dont have a real preference.

..I'd spend it on drink.

Sir Henry (at Rawlinson's End)

There is a difference. Petrol is much smoother and the torque curve is different. Even with and 8 speed auto the difference is noticeable. On paper 0-60 acceleration times may be similar but on the road the difference is noticeable

Electric cars are far better than either.