Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Will RF output (transmitter) be the same wattage as audio output?

"The **actual plate voltage** swings up to nearly double in operation, single ended or push pull. The 2.4kV figure I posted is the max, zero current plate voltage that is guaranteed. IOW, the insulation rating. "

I am not exactly sure what you're saying here. Are you saying that tubes such as this are rated in such a way are expected to operate at twice their "max" rating ?

I never got into tubes all that much, when was getting into the field it was going solid state and I was adapting to it.

"You know absolutely NOTHING about tube output stages."

You're pretty friendly today, did you find a good pot dealer or something ?

"Don't fret too hard, hardly anyone does. "

How come so kind ?

But actually tubes are a bit harder to understand than like transistors etc.. Take your transconduct and and mu and sll of that and give me hfe and HFE..

But that's just one Man's opinion. If you can counter with an argument that tubes are better, bring it on.

Don't fret too hard, hardly anyone does."

I was working in the music industry. These MFs got where they have dual purpose valve sockets and via a micrprocessor will adjust the bias for you. I mean they got sockets that will take a KT88 or a 6BQ5. I am not fretting but I am considering a career in flipping burgers. It is getting that bad, to the point where I quit my job.

Next.