Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] markraynor4@gmail.com is offline

Default Is there a chemical antidote to bleach that will inactivate it instantly?

On Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 5:23:32 AM UTC+1, wrote:
Do not mix bleach and ammonia unless you want to die. Seriously.

When I was about 13 I did something foul in the toilet (I think it was after my first introduction to a HOT Madras !).
My mum smelt it, inspected the toilet & shrieked at me to clean it.
After about an hour (I was 13) I thought I'd better Obey.
I squirted Domestos in the toilet bowl - then RAN. I only got a slight whiff of the fumes but that had my chest burning & me coughing a fit !
Turns out my mum had put Harpic powder in the bowl already.
We had to leave the house for a while.
I was told later at school that I'd inadvertently made a gas that used to be used in warfare !
BE CAREFUL, some household chemicals really don't like each other - or YOU !