Posted to uk.d-i-y
Vir Campestris Vir Campestris is offline

Default OT - No Car Choice

On 06/03/2017 12:01, NY wrote:
Even if diesels were not more economical, I'd still go for one because
they are nicer to drive: more torque means you aren't having to change
down so far every time you come to a roundabout in order to have enough
acceleration to get back to your former speed after the roundabout.

Even though diesels are more economical, I won't go for one because they
are so horrible to drive: Peak power is at such low revs you're always
changing gear, and there's that turbo lag so nothing happens for a bit
after you put your foot down.

My petrol car will amble along in top at 30MPH (1500RPM) on the flat. Or
I could rev the nuts off it, and be in 1st at the same speed.

Obviously our experiences are different.

Andy