Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Amanna Refrigerator Water Leak

On Mon, 6 Mar 2017 11:43:02 -0600, "Terry Coombs"
wrote:

Oren wrote:
On Mon, 6 Mar 2017 08:53:17 -0800 (PST), wrote:

I have an old Amana frost free refrigerator in my garage I use for
cold storage. the ice maker is not hooked up and water is now
dripping out of the left side of the door. What should I check for
first?

Does it have a water dispenser in the door?

Put your model number in here and look for the schematics.

https://www.repairclinic.com/

Post the link URL back here.

He said the ice maker wasn't hookrd up , which I took to mean that the
water supply was not hooked up . That leaves the condensate drain/evap
coil/defrost system as the only possible source . Drain line might be iced ,
might have that algae that forms a gel .

Agree. Wasn't thinking about a clogged drain or frozen line.