Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Work Clothes

On Mon, 06 Mar 2017 10:43:59 -0800, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Mon, 06 Mar 2017 09:18:37 -0800, Perfect Day wrote:

On Mon, 06 Mar 2017 08:11:14 -0800, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Sun, 05 Mar 2017 15:05:58 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Sun, 05 Mar 2017 05:19:11 -0800, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Sat, 04 Mar 2017 07:28:43 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:

So, how many pairs can we put you down for...at "only" $600/pr?

Perhaps I might consider a pair,

Bwahahaha! The guy who gets new liens filed against him annually for
decades because he can't come up with a few hundred in property taxes,
is talking about paying $600 for a pair of jeans! Could you be any
more stupid? Who do you imagine will believe that malarkey?

after all three of my leather riding
pants finally get torn up beyond repair. But by that time, Ill
probably be too freaking old to toss a leg over a scooter.

Seriously, WTF? There is great doubt that you've ever ridden a
motorcycle. It is a plain fact that you don't have any rideable
motorcycle, and haven't since... probably forever. The likelihood of
you ever affording any motorcycle other than old junk you pretend to
"restore," may as well be zero. It has nothing to do with your age,
and everything to do with your decision to spend so much of your life
talking about doing, instead of doing.

Then I
might have to consider a pair of shorts with Dyneema in the ass end so
the wheel chair seat doesnt wear out my seat.

Now you're talkin'. Your future, like your past, consists mostly of a
whole lot of sitting around bull****ting. The classic rightard
strategy to assure perpetual poverty.

(Grin)

ROFLMAO!!

Gunner

Seen my "new boat" pics?

(Grin), pulled it home with the big ol E350 you claimed I didnt own.
Or was that "a piece of junk"? You have made so many claims, I
simply dont bother keeping tabs on them.
Took me a month or so to rebuild the engine. Damnit. All that oil
originally that was in it for the 20 yrs or so while it was parked,
turned to scum and plugged off my mains and rod bearings. Changed the
oil twice too. But it had plugged off the ports and journals. I should
have run it for a while with a case full of diesel, after dumping the
original oil. Sigh. Learned something. Got the Ranger up and
running too, finally. And Im interviewing for some interesting jobs.
Ive warned my remaining clients that I may not be around much
longer..all the prospective jobs are within 40 miles of home. No more
road warrior, on the road for days and weeks anymore! Yippie!!!

In fact..just had a phone interview with one of the parent companies
engineers at 9am. We had a good chat. Keeping my fingers crossed.

You of course will still be retarded and on welfare. (Grin)
But hey...feel free to keep spewing. And everyso often, I may reply to
you. But...snicker...dont count on it. Ive other things that are far
more amusing to do. You are simply a moment of amusement while
waiting for my clothes to come out of the drier. (VBG)

"I finally..finally..managed to go and get my FREE 1978 Aquarius 23,
Saturday. After 6+ months of back and forth communications, heavy
rains blocking the move, vehicle problems etc etc etc.

This boat appears to be a 1978, flat backed transom, with an external
rudder. The previous owner had been transferred from California to
Alabama, fully intending to return and haul it back to Alabama, after
parking it on a friends property in the foothills of the Sierras
(Tehachapi, California). That was 7 or so years ago. He finally
realized it was never going to happen..and through a long and very
tedious period of time...I wound up with it. He had done a
complete..complete restoration of the boat and trailer before parking
it. New, high quality trailer tires, new paint inside and out, high
end sails, fish finders, knot meters, stove, etc etc..and it sat..and
sat..and sat. Prior to moving to Alabama..he had put all of his
fishing and camping gear aboard. A pile of sleeping bags, gear, marine
portable radios, scanners, flood lights, replacement and maintenance
gear of all types, all neatly boxed in plastic tubs and packages,
properly stored, properly marked, properly done.

The man thinks like I think, he equips his boat just as I do.....its a
bit scary how I stood there in the cabin..in the water (more in a
minute) and told my buddy to lift that cushion and one should find X Y
and Z in that bin..and sure as hell...it would be there. He equipped
it for coastal sailing, stickers showed it hit the Catalina Island
sailboat meets for almost 20 yrs in its life.

Photos to be posted later today on my Google photo albums (link to be
posted)

The boat was sitting on its (Nice!) trailer on the side of a hill,
stern downhill and I thought it a bit odd that I could lift the
trailer tounge easily, but as we were under a deadline to get the boat
hooked up, tires filled properly and then towed out of there before
another rainstorm hit...didnt think much about it. Bear in mind...the
mast was sitting secured over the hatchway, so we could only peer into
the (tinted) windows and while we could see stuff piled up...we
couldnt open up the boat until we got it back to my home, about 70
miles and 1.5 hours away. The boat towed...heavy..heavy as hell. But
it didnt sway in the slightest. After a half mile or so of quick
braking..the trailer brakes were free of rust and working properly and
we towed her home. I did notice a bit of a surge when braking..but
didnt think much of it...racing the rain.

So we get the little girl back to my home, parked in a temporary
spot..and I simply couldnt resist popping her open.

I found a full 8"+ of water inside the boat. NO WONDER she towed
heavy!! Crom!!..I had to be hauling at least 200 gallons of water..if
not more. She had to weigh close to 5000 lbs with the trailer!!

We have had a record amount of rain this year...but I dont know how so
much got in there. Fortunately...the only damage discovered so
far..as been some small areas of the (nice) internal hull covering
has been loosened up and a small amount of swelling of cabin wood.
Drawers are sticky to open etc. But Ill have to get this taken care of
quick before permanent damage does occur.

Im waiting for a buddy to bring a water pump and this morning Ill be
pumping her out and putting in fans to dry her out.

He had done such a nice restoration..that Im going to be keeping this
lil girl. The paint is spotless (though a tiny bit oxidized..easy to
simply wipe off), the winches are either new or very well
reconditioned, etc etc. No spinnaker..but the genny, main and jib are
minty, and the only thing of note..is the mast is rough..it was not
reconditioned...aluminum oxidation, but NOT deep enough to weaken the
mast in the slightest. So Ill be polishing the mast, putting new
spreader tip covers where the old plastic is getting tired and
dropping in a new 2 burner alcohol stove (his messages warned the
existing one is not working..but onboard was an (extra) rather nice 2
burner portable propane stove with a CASE of 1 lb propane bottles).
The only thing Ive tossed so far..was 4 rolls of toilet paper..and the
remaining 6 should do us well enough (Grin) There is even a couple
years supply of new portapotty chemicals. Bumpers, new dock lines,
etc etc etc..even a very very good plastic 5 gallon fuel can for the
outboard is tucked away in the under seat fuel locker. It even has
the right fittings for hooking up to my 9.9 Sailmaster!! Upholstery is
in excellent condition and the wet bits are sitting out in the rising
sun as I type this."

"Here is the link to the start of the boat photos album. As I always
do with each of my boats..Ill document everything that I do to it.
This one wont take much work. She is pretty plain on the
outside...Ive been sitting on the porch looking at her...she really
needs some accent paint on her hull doesnt she? Humm..day-glo purple
lightning bolts? Blazing yellow star bursts? And a name...she has to
have a name. My wife came out and I asked her if I should name the
boat "Mary Ellen"...as she kinda reminds me of my wife, fresh out of
the shower...all white and smooth all over...and got swatted... (Grin)

https://goo.gl/photos/gaFkPC11Zs9Qn54Z9

Got my water pump chugging away draining the last of the water out

Snerk!

Arnt you the guy that had trouble with the Segway? Kept falling off
of it while making your minimum wage security guard job? That was
you, right?

Almost time to go check the gas in the genset, then load my clean
clothes and go back down south. Im moving a factory around and
reorganizing their layout.

Thank Crom for President Trump...business is starting to pick up
again..even here in Californiastan.

See ya! Or not. (VBG)

Gunner

---