Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Will RF output (transmitter) be the same wattage as audio output?

wrote:

"** Fraid that ref does not mention the spec.

You bull****ting ****ing idiot. "

Bull****, it says 500 ****ing volts.

** Wrong spec - you bull****ting imbecile.

In most tube books, "plate volts" = "plate supply" voltage !!!

The **actual plate voltage** swings up to nearly double in operation, single ended or push pull. The 2.4kV figure I posted is the max, zero current plate voltage that is guaranteed. IOW, the insulation rating.

In an operating push-pull stage, plate voltage reaches max on a tube when plate the current is near zero. The opposite is true too, plate voltage reaches minimum when plate current is max on that tube.

EL34s are *speced* to operate with a 750V supply, so the pate voltage on one EL34 in a PP pair is nearly 1500V when the voltage on the other is less than 60V.

All I am saying is that 6L6s can do the same and commercial examples exist that prove the point.

You know absolutely NOTHING about tube output stages.

FYI:

Don't fret too hard, hardly anyone does.

..... Phil