Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair
Winfield Hill[_2_] Winfield Hill[_2_] is offline

Default A useful addition to your toolkit

Foxs Mercantile wrote...

John Larkin wrote:
Looks expensive, and I'd guess not very accurate.

http://www.aimtti.us/product-category/current-probes/aim-i-prober-520
It is expensive. At $795 for the basic probe.
Data sheet:
http://resources.aimtti.com/datasheets/prec-iprober520-5p.pdf
Instruction manual:
http://resources.aimtti.com/manuals/I-prober_Instruction_Manual-Iss5.pdf

The expense we can handle, if, for example, it'll
give us adequate help in debugging our switching
power supply designs. But the calibrating scheme
for trace current measurements looks iffy. But
maybe along with other measurements, power in,
voltage and power out, etc., it could do the job.
It is fast enough to look at inductor currents.

--
Thanks,
- Win