Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default OT - No Car Choice

On 05/03/2017 18:06, charles wrote:
In article ,
Chris Green wrote:
charles wrote:
I have been driving a diesel car for nearly 30 years (not the same one).
Originally bought for 400 mile runs up the motorway and kept because I
still do regular motorway runs - the 400 mile one is down to 2 or 3 time a
year,

Isn't that the one sort of journey where a diesel is very little if
any more economical than a petrol engine? Diesels win on economy for
stop start driving, hence the London taxi.

general round the local area 44mpg, motorway 56mpg - I doubt if any cars do
that.

My Scudo van does about 44MPG to and from work (usually nice clear A
roads and B roads and a 20 mile journey). About 30 to 35MPG around town
and about 25MPG on the motorway. I can improve the motorway MPG if I
slow down to less than 90MPH.

--
Adam