Stoney

Default Excessive lint coming out of dryer vent

Dipu wrote:

Our dryer started spewing excessive amount of lint through the dryer
vent. The dryer is in the garage area and vents to the outside. The
vent tube is short and the vent is at the floor level. It is one of
those flexible aluminum pipes. The dryer and the pipes are only about
a year old. We clean the lint filter regularly and get the usual
amount of lint on that. Previously we had seen wisps of lint get
attached to the outer wall near the vent. For last couple of times, we
are getting cottonball sized chunks of lint on the outside.

Any suggestions/comments?

Thanks.

-Dipu

Lint built up either in the dryer or in the duct and finally broke
free. Your duct may be restricting flow and that allows the lint to
collect easier. You can improve the flow by replacing the flex with
regular straight duct and elbows as needed. Tape the joints or use
clamps, don't use screws because they collect. Since yours is collecting,
you should inspect the inside of the dryer cavity that connects to the
pipe and vacuum that and the pipe out about once a year. You may have to
remove the back to do it well.