Posted to alt.home.repair
Gordon Shumway Gordon Shumway is offline

Default Inside doors

On Sat, 4 Mar 2017 16:29:09 -0500, Retired wrote:

On 3/4/17 4:19 PM, Gordon Shumway wrote:
On Sat, 04 Mar 2017 20:44:02 GMT, Linda m wrote:

Need to replace doors. They are 1/4 inch *narrower* than stock doors.

You could move the stops on the jamb, adjust the mortises as required to make the thicker doors fit and reinstall the
stops, or pay a lot more to have non-standard doors made. The choice is yours.

If Linda means the old doors are "thinner" in thickness, then moving
the jambs and hinges might work to accommodate a thicker door.

Ahh, my light bulb just came on. I immediately envisioned a "thinner" door rather than a "narrower" door.

But if she means "narrower" in width, then possibly she could have
1/8" inch trimmed off each side by someone with appropriate tools, etc.