Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Digital thermostat as an alternative to Hive

On 04/03/2017 12:23, Max Demian wrote:
In article ,
wrote:
Reminds me of the BBC Micro/Computer Literacy Project: we were going
to use our home computers to do the accounts, control central heating
and goodness knows what else: a Model B needed a lot of extras even
to do a bit of word processing.)

It didn't need any extras for that.

Except a printer, I suppose.

The printer (and lead) was the easy part. (You could get "near letter
quality" impact dot matrix printers quite cheaply.)

Depends on when in the BBCs history we are talking about. When they were
relatively new the "cheap" Epson would have been something like the RX80
(although the one people would have really wanted was the FX80, and in
today's money they would have been well over a grand)

--
Cheers,

John.