Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Phoena Greene[_3_] Phoena Greene[_3_] is offline

Default Tariffs and Taxes on China orders from Ebay.

wrote in message
I said I would not order anything from China or anywhere outside of
North America. But I placed an order today for some chassis mount RCA
phone jacks, from China. Now I am sort of worried.....

I want to build a box so I can swap the output from my computer to
several amplifiers, and need at least 8 jacks. Radio Shack wants about
$6 for a pair of them, and they only had 2 packages (4 jacks) in the
store. I dont plan to make this thing for several weeks, because I have
other priorities, so I decided that I can wait a month or so for this
package to arrive from China.

I placed the order. 40 jacks for around $8 (with shipping). Cant argue
about that price....

After placing the order I was reading the fine print in the ad, and it
says "buyer is responsible for all Tariffs and Taxes....
This has me worried. Who will bill me for that? What percentage of the
price must I pay? I'd think on an $8 order it would only be a dollar or
less, but since this is government, they could charge me $100 or
more....

What's the scoop on this?

(If I had read this before placing the order, I would not have placed
this order).

I don't remember paying any tariffs or taxes on a Android TV box that I
bought from China off Ebay. I bought it to replace a Sony Blu Ray Player
that I murdered with a hammer. The Blu ray player decided to **** me off and
it wasn't it's lucky day. Just had to wait two weeks for it to ship from
China to my door.