Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Digital thermostat as an alternative to Hive

In article l.net,
Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Fri, 3 Mar 2017 03:42:36 -0800 (PST), wrote:

Occupancy pattern is key I think. If you work varying hours a bimetal
works better.

Only if you remember to turn it down *every* time you go out and are
happy to come back to a cool house.

A programable stat can be set to automatically fall back every few
hours, then you only have the cool house on return issue.

Yes. The idea of having to manually control the heating when going out and
coming back seems to me a very retrograde step. And I doubt it will save
you the 100 quid or so rental cost in lower fuel usage.

One of those 'must have' toys that only a tiny number will actually find
useful.

--
*I thought I wanted a career. Turns out I just wanted paychecks.

Dave Plowman
London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.