Posted to uk.d-i-y
PeterC PeterC is offline

Default Overhanging trees - has the law changed?

On Fri, 03 Mar 2017 12:01:15 +0000, T i m wrote:

You can cut away any branch that overhangs the property line.

Even if it has a TPO on it?

It's also a problem if in a conservation area.

And anywhere near a railway line ... and the 'throwing stuff over the
fence' (Point 8 below). I think there are some pretty strict rules
(and consequences / fines) for working on anything near a track in
case of the obvious.

Thank you for all the info - I'll see if I can e-mail it to next door.

No fears re. the line - it's about 15m away, about 8m higher up and the
branches are at 90 deg. to the line.
It would be a rather serious mistake to block the West Coast main line!

Access isn't easy from this side, as it's over a stream that has about a
1.5m bank this side (it's a low bank on the other side).
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away