Posted to uk.d-i-y
harry harry is offline

Default Papering a hardboard ceiling.

On Saturday, 4 March 2017 00:29:59 UTC, wrote:
On Friday, 3 March 2017 18:36:46 UTC, harry wrote:
On Friday, 3 March 2017 09:30:05 UTC, tabby wrote:
On Friday, 3 March 2017 08:34:58 UTC, harry wrote:
On Thursday, 2 March 2017 18:48:42 UTC, Rednadnerb wrote:
The problem isn't too much suction it is not enough suction. I want the opposite of size or PVA.

No, the paste is failing because the water is being sucked out of it.

New plaster has to be sized before wall paper can be pasted to it.

The water leaving is normal drying process, I'm not seeing how that can be the problem.

The paste is sucked out of the paper which then falls off.

Read this.
#https://traditionalpainter.com/sizin...efore-papering

Any porous surface needs to be rendered impervious to prevent this.
You can use "size", PVA or keep applying coats of paste (letting dry between) until you get a shiny surface.

An interesting idea, but since I had no trouble papering onto an untreated very absorbent surface last time I doubt it.

It's factual information.
If you're too thick to understand it, tough ****.
My father was a painter & decorator BTW.