Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Can I do this? Electrical

On Fri, 3 Mar 2017 20:57:33 -0600, philo wrote:

On 03/03/2017 03:40 PM, micky wrote:
In alt.home.repair, on Fri, 3 Mar 2017 06:45:05 -0600, philo
wrote:

On 03/02/2017 10:11 PM, micky wrote:
I know you're going to tell me to do this another way but I don't know
how str
I call bull****.

In the amount of time you have spent posting here, you could have traced
out that apparently unused wire and wired the thing properly.

No, not even close.

OK if you are not BSing, sorry about that

I think it would have taken me five minutes to trace that wire though

The difference, Philo, is YOU KNOW. He'd have to spend a couiple
hours typing the questions to the newsgroup, and another couple
stumbling through google trying to prove we were wrong, before
starting to trace the wire, then he'd hook it up wrong and damage the
timer, then go through the whole exercise again.
A good case for why there are electricians (and mechanics)

Thankfully this time he did the right thing and ordered the right
switch for the job. Hopefully that solves his problem