Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Tariffs and Taxes on China orders from Ebay.

Not to be political or anything.

But.

People have voted with their feet since the beginning of time. They go where they feel invited. They avoid where they feel threatened.

They go to an inviting environment. They avoid environments that are unwelcoming - and that means at any level.

There is no true test of any environment other than being there. In all the states I have been to (all but three, Hawaii, North Dakota and Florida), the least inviting was Oregon by a large margin. The most, Texas and Minnesota. This just from day-to-day stuff like buying gas, going to a restaurant, asking directions, renting a hotel room. Random encounters with normal people. As with the below.

Of all the cities I have been in, with my wife or alone, the most welcoming was Istanbul. The least, San Diego.

Of all the countries we have visited (13 to-date, soon to be 14), Saudi was the most welcoming, with Canada running a very close second. France, not so much. We will be testing Cuba in June.

But you get the point. I have choices where to go and what to do when there.. And where to spend my discretionary income.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA