Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Tariffs and Taxes on China orders from Ebay.

"Probably an export subsidy. The Chinese subsidize manufacturers, the US
subsidizes sport stadiums. "

Now you hit a nerve. that has been one of my peeves for a long time. Cities pay these sports teams to build a new stadium and it costs regular people like $100 to go there (each) and cannot bring their own beer so they have to buy it there which costs ten times what it is worth, a hot dog is like about ten bucks. Just water costs a bunch and they turn off the coolers for the water fountains. These pieces of **** never miss an opportunity to make a buck. Don't even go there without $200 that you can burn.

This is about what the banks do to countries. They were OK, but then the bank offers them money to "improve the infrastructure" ostensibly to attract industry which in turn should generate income and provide tax revenues which will supposedly pay off the debt.

But they are just out to make a buck and it is a bunch of bull****. One guy can do the work of ten. The jobs are not coming back ANYWHERE. And I mean ANYWHERE, even Germany. They are not whining about the Chinese taking their jobs, they know the problem. Productivity. They are probably the most productive people in the world when it comes to precision things. At one time they made almost every fuel injector for engines in the world. This means from one to possibly sixteen of them per vehicle, in the whole world. (very few had sixteen, most had four to eight, but that is still a hell of alot of them)

As such, because jobs are not coming back, you get a situation like Greece. They claim tax evasion as a cause but when the government of a country does nothing for you, or does more against you, you don't owe them jack ****. When you got people taking their own kids to an orphanage because they cannot feed them, I am pretty sure the government has ****ed them. Those jobs never materialised, and the fact is they never will.