Posted to uk.d-i-y
Max Demian Max Demian is offline

Default Digital thermostat as an alternative to Hive

On 03/03/2017 19:10, John Rumm wrote:
In article ,
Roger Mills wrote:
If you work varying hours, there's a good case for remote control (Hive,
Nest, etc.) so that you can turn the heating on as you head for home.

That might be fine if you're single and live on your own...

More than one person can remote control the same stat...

Person one is going home early, so switches it on. Person two is going
to be late home, so switches it off.

(Surely you can just turn it on when you get home. Technology for the
sake of it. Reminds me of the BBC Micro/Computer Literacy Project: we
were going to use our home computers to do the accounts, control central
heating and goodness knows what else: a Model B needed a lot of extras
even to do a bit of word processing.)

--
Max Demian