Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
TLouisJ TLouisJ is offline

Default My Dalton Lathe

Hi, Im trying to I.D. an old Dalton I just got. ( Oregon, March 2017)
It has Dalton Six cast on it and the end plate says New York. The Patent
plate indicates Patents from 1914 to 1922. Therefore I guess it was built in
1922 or after, and until 1925 when Dalton moved from New York. Its not
large. Im not a machinist and do not know how to run a lathe ( but will
learn). However, it has about an 8 swing and spindle to chuck face is
about 16 max. Where are there other markings or casting numbers that might
tell me what it is? Ive attached a picture. Thanks. It is very COOL!

https://www.polytechforum.com/img/5a

--
for full context, visit http://www.polytechforum.com/metalwo...he-635131-.htm