Jeff Cochran

Default Electric Fence

On Sun, 24 Aug 2003 11:41:48 -0500, "News"
wrote:

I'm looking for a website that shows how to build an electric fence....
I've googled it , and only seem to find companys that want to sell the
fence....
I want to go to Home Depot and buy the needed stuff and build it myself. A
site with a detailed description on how to do this would be very helpful

Well, the available kits come with the instructions...

There are two parts to an electric fence. The first is the regular
fence, the second is the electrical conductor/transformer. Build a
normal fence, with normal materials. Buy the electric fence
transformer, and the required length of wire (depends on what you're
fencing, livestock is usually a single wire. Run the electric wire
around the fence using the clips they supply, hook up the electricty
and you're done.

Google "install electric fence" and you'll get plenty to wade through.
The manufacturer's sites all have instructions online.

Jeff