Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Desktop PC power supply

On Thu, 02 Mar 2017 18:51:08 -0500, micky
wrote:

Wow. I want one of those.
The meter I mean.

I think I bought it from this vendor probably 3 years ago:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/322363697016
It's a tolerable LCR meter. I bought it for a specific project
(inductive vehicle detector) and then bought 2 more (for my office and
vehicle).

It's a shame I have no use for it. In all these years I've never
wanted to measure inductance and I've never needed to measure
capacitance.

You must live a sheltered life. Haven't you ever made your own
inductors or capacitors and needed to measure the inductance or
capacitance? In RF, that's common practice. Even simple things like
estimating the length of coax cable or CAT5 by measuring the
capacitance and dividing by capacitance per foot, is useful. Then
there are loading coils, filters, drifting caps, etc. Also, if you
trust the values printed on the parts, you might be in for a rude
surprise when you test them.

Incidentally, I also use an earlier version of one of these M328
meters:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/252290685197
http://www.banggood.com/M328-LCD-12864-Transistor-Tester-DIY-Kit-Diode-Triode-Capacitance-LCR-ESR-Meter-p-1041588.html
I prefer a curve tracer for testing and matching active devices, but
this is good enough for a quick test. It also does LCR. There are
many variations. Google for "M328":
https://www.google.com/search?q=m328&tbm=isch

--
Jeff Liebermann