Posted to alt.home.repair
philo philo is offline

Default Good Night and Good Luck: There was fear in the room when theytook on another demagogue.

On 03/02/2017 05:54 PM, Frank wrote:

snip

SESSIONS: Senator Franken, I'm not aware of any of those activities. I
have been called a surrogate at a time or two in that campaign and I
didn't have — did not have communications with the Russians, and I'm
unable to comment on it.

...break...

Now, even though Sessions might have had good reason to speak to the
Russians it's not a question of what he talked about, it;s simply that
he perjured himself under oath.

If he's at all smart he's resign rather then risk a jail term.

I keep recalling the old LBJ tactic where when he first ran for office
he spread the rumor that his competitor had sex with farm animals.
When confronted with spreading the rumor, LBJ said he knew it was not
true but now the rumor is out there, the competitor would have to
respond to answering it.

http://washingtonmonthly.com/2006/09...e-or-didnt-he/

Story may not be true but it looks like it works.

The story about Johnson is an apocryphal tale and I am not concerned
with something that might or might not have occurred 50 years ago.

Back then it was hard to prove anything unless there were a number of
highly credible witnesses.

Today things are a lot different because audio.video cameras are
everywhere and everything is being recorded,

Sessions is "old school" and evidently did not realize that when he lied.

His exact words (once again) were , "I
didn't have — did not have communications with the Russians."

End of story.