Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Digital thermostat as an alternative to Hive

On Mon, 27 Feb 2017 04:03:14 +0000, Andy Burns wrote:

Unless you really need the abilty to control the heating remotely

programmable stat will be perfectly satisactory.

For me, remotely doesn't have to be over such a long distance, I can be
working upstairs, think "hmm, getting chilly" and tweak the heating up a
degree or two for an hour or two without leaving my desk - because you
just know if you go downstairs to prod the stat, you'll get a coffee
while you're at it, maybe a quick snack to go with it, oh might as well
open the post ...

I'd have a fan heater in the SOHO rather than heat the whole place.
Or just go and get a coffee, moving about and hot drink would warm me
back up. Snack, hum maybe but I'm being very good and limiting myself
to one packet of ginger nuts and one pack of dark chocolate
digestives a week, When they're gone, they're gone. B-)

--
Cheers
Dave.