Posted to uk.d-i-y
Robin Robin is offline

Default Digital thermostat as an alternative to Hive

On 27/02/2017 04:03, Andy Burns wrote:
Dave Liquorice wrote:

Unless you really need the abilty to control the heating remotely a
programmable stat will be perfectly satisactory.

For me, remotely doesn't have to be over such a long distance, I can be
working upstairs, think "hmm, getting chilly" and tweak the heating up a
degree or two for an hour or two without leaving my desk - because you
just know if you go downstairs to prod the stat, you'll get a coffee
while you're at it, maybe a quick snack to go with it, oh might as well
open the post ...

I've found a wireless stat/programmer which can be carried around[1] is
good for people who like to tweak the temperature. It even managed to
stop 'er indoors leaving the TRVs set to heat the living room to 25C.

And I can see it's a better option than a time-delay lock on the door to
a home office

[1] which is of course any battery powered one if you screw it to a back
plate rather than a wall

--
Robin