Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] oldschool@tubes.com is offline

Default Will RF output (transmitter) be the same wattage as audio output?

On Wed, 1 Mar 2017 15:36:39 -0500, Ralph Mowery
wrote:

false reading. The voltage and current is not like a fence charger. It
will dump a lot of current into you and often kill. Fence chargers are
more like a static electricity shock, lots of voltage,but little
current. They are made to shock and not to kill.

It does take some special insulated wire for the amps and other high
voltage items. Most common wires are insulated for around 600 volts or
even 300 volts. That 2700 volts will often burn through wire insulated
like that . Only 'good' thing about it,is that it will not jump much of

Long ago, I once rook some common #14 wire used for home wiring, to jump
my electric fence across to another pasture. My intent was to use
insulated wire so no one would get shocked. (There were no animals
there, so live wires were not needed.)

I quickly learned that the insulation on those wires (rated at 600V), is
useless against the 5000V of that fencer. I touched that insulation and
got jolted as bad as if I had touched bare wire.

After that, I bought the special insulated wire made for electric fences
that is made for even direct burial. That stuff is costly, but it works.