Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default How to disassemble Shure SM58 with wireless UT2 transmitter.

David Farber wrote:

I have an intermittent Shure wireless UT2 mic/transmitter. The user said
that tapping on the mic when it wasn't working would restore its operation
but now even that doesn't help. I would like to have look inside but I don't
see a simple way of opening it. I removed the windscreen and there is a
label that says, "Caution do not attempt to open or turn. Warranty will be
voided." I wanted to know if turning the microphone will damage the wiring
going to it or if that warning is just telling you to, "Keep out!."

I found some disassembly instructions here that did not mention anything
about "turning" the mic as dangerous.

https://shure.custhelp.com/app/answe...ies-and-others

** The head screws off easily and holds the mic capsule, normally an SM58.

The main electronics are trapped under a large C-clip:

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTU0OFgxNjAw/z/EMkAAOSwUuFWxVdj/$_1.JPG

The instructions you cited seem accurate but may well be not needed.

COS you have NOT said if just the audio cuts out or the RF carrier stops.

You do have the receiver, don't you ?

More info please.

..... Phil