Posted to alt.home.repair
philo philo is offline

Default OT - American politics

On 03/01/2017 02:28 PM, David B. wrote:

snip

they had hoped for. Despite the rhetoric, it's still going to be
business as usual. (Just a little bit worse.)

I've now watched most of his speech.

I'm hoping he will be a GREAT president of the USA! :-)

It would be nice but I don't see that as much of a possibility
In American elections there are always those idiots who are too lazy to
vote and I'm sure there were a few million in this last election that
fit that category.

However out of the 60 million or so who did not vote, a large percentage
HATED both Trump and Clinton.

Coupled to the 3 million majority votes that Clinton got, Trump has
started out with the majority of voters HATING him.

George Bush may not have been liked by some...but I know few people who
outright hated him.

Right from the start Trump is facing a huge handicap.

Had he started out by saying something to the effect that he knows not
everyone was in favor of him but he would work for all Americans, he
might have gotten some mileage with that.

Instead he whined like a 3 year old and complained about a rigged
election...even though he won it.

Additionally, since it's know he is friendly toward Putin, since when is
it fashionable to be a commie sympathizer?

Trump has done way more that simply having shot himself in the foot.