Gary Tait

Default replacing old non-grounded (2 prong) electric receptacles

On 24 Aug 2003 02:46:36 -0700, (David Jensen) wrote:

snip: "GFCIs are only an option where only personal safety is a
concern. If
there are other reaons for havong a grounded outlet, such as surge
protectors and EMI/RFI sheilding of electronics gear, you absoultely
need to have a ground back to the panel."

So am I reading this correctly when I interpret that a surge protector
will do no good without a true ground? Also could you elaborate by
what you mean by "RFI sheilding of electronics gear" and where that
comes into play? Thanks again.

Those need a real ground to drain surges and EMI/RFI radiation to
ground.

I've very much appreciated all the response I've recieved on this
thread.