Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Phenolic Handles

On Mon, 27 Feb 2017 17:18:52 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:
On Sun, 26 Feb 2017 21:19:29 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Early color TV sets switched from a 1V2 tube to a long thin stack of
selenium pellets in the focus circuit. They had a very high forward
drop, and could not be tested with the equipment sold to TV shops.

Boy, that brings back memories. Dad and I went down to the local TV
repair shack and tested the tubes for our family TV set, bought a
couple, and returned home to fix the TV. That was back when I was a
13 year old kid and Dad was flying for the Vegas run for Princess
Airlines. IIRC, tubes were expensive for that high-tech -color- TV in
'66. That's back when you could test the tubes for free, and if they
all checked out, they would have you deliver the set for actual repair
by someone qualified. g

I was repairing color TVs at 13.

Wow, a child prodigy. bows offstage

--
Happiness is not a station you arrive at, but a manner of traveling.
-- Margaret Lee Runbeck