Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Best Electric Drill For Daughter?

Larry Jaques wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Those Emerson built Direct Drive Craftsman table saws use a NLA
thermal starter. The one my dad had died, so I bought an adjustable
potential relay to see if I can repair it. The first sign of a bad
thermal starter is erratically tripping the breaker, or blowing the
fuse.

I've watched zip-cord extensions melt and flame/spark due to the
massive current from starting and stopping. I'm hoping they never did
the "but it was handy" thing again. And never loan out your good
tools, your first aid kit, your ladders, or your extension cords. You
never know what condition they'll return in.

I've got a collection of really bad tools, to offer when someone
wants to borrow something. ;-)

You can give the blade a spin by hand before turning the saw on,
and it will run but it has to be done every time you turn it on. One
careless time and you can lose part of your hand.

But ya gotta keep the sequence. Isn't that right, Pawless?

I've never met a running saw blade with any body parts.

Please
mention push sticks, so people remember to -use- them every single
time they push a board through a table saw. I got careless once and
slipped in the sawdust after half a dozen cuts. My face (no big loss,
right? came far too close to the spinning blade as I caught myself.
Now I sweep or vacuum before, during, and after sawing, JIC.

You just mentioned just.

--
Never **** off an Engineer!

They don't get mad.